Tuesday, March 27, 2007

3/27/07

1. You would need 800,000,000 lbs of fuel to lift 400,000 lbs of payload into space.
woooooooooooooooooow!!!! that is alot.

2.
Nar Model Rocket Safety Codes:
  • Materials- I will use only lightweight, non-metal parts for the nose, body, and fins of my rocket.

  • Motors-I will use only certified, commercially-made model rocket motors, and will not tamper with these motors or use them for any purposes except those recommended by the manufacturer.

  • Ignition System-I will launch my rockets with an electrical launch system and electrical motor igniters.
  • Launch Safety-I will use a countdown before launch, and will ensure that everyone is paying attention and is a safe distance of at least 15 feet away when I launch rockets with D motors or smaller, and 30 feet when I launch larger rockets.
  • Misfires-If my rocket does not launch when I press the button of my electrical launch system, I will remove the launcher's safety interlock or disconnect its battery, before allowing anyone to approach the rocket.

  • Launcher-I will launch my rocket from a launch rod, tower, or rail to ensure that the rocket flies nearly straight up, and I will use a blast deflector to prevent the motor's exhaust from hitting the ground. and will cap the end of the rod when it is not in use.

  • Size-If my model rocket weighs more than 1 pound at liftoff or has more power than a single g motor I will check and comply with Federal Aviation Administration regulations before flying.

  • Flight Safety-I will not launch my rocket at targets or near airplanes, and will not put any flammable or explosive payload in my rocket.

  • Launch Site-I will launch my rocket outdoors, in an open area and in safe weather conditions . I will ensure that there is no dry grass close to the launch pad.

  • Recovery System-I will use a recovery system such as a streamer or parachute in my rocket so that it returns safely and undamaged and can be flown again, and I will use only flame-resistant or fireproof recovery system wadding in my rocket.

  • Recovery Safety- I will not attempt to recover my rocket from power lines, tall trees, or other dangerous places.

No comments: